Thursday, April 26, 2012

First post!!!

Okay, ladies, so I am going to get this blog going.  You can feel free to add and post.  I am going to do my best to find fun and yummy recipes and try them. 

So... night one.

I chose this meal because it was what was in my fridge.  Oh, and grapes were on a killer sale at WalMart ($1/lb).  I had spinach leftover from BB and it was tasty.  I thought of having strawberries with the salad. 

Prepping the sweet potato (BTW - this is a big sweet potato...) microwaved for 7 minutes, added a little olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper.  It was divine.  I think you could do maple syrup instead and make it AWESOME! 

I am low on my carbs today, so I could have done wild rice.  I researched a bit and the Rice-a-Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice is considered gluten free if you do not add the seasoning mix. 

Maybe we could do our own seasoning mix for rice... they use dehydrated broccoli, garlic, onion, salt and lots of preservatives.  Just sayin...

The salad dressing is gluten free Ken's Dressings Ceasar.  There are a bunch that you can do, but I think oil and vinegar would have been really good or a raspberry vineagrette...

My favorite vineagrette recipe:
equal parts of raspberry jam and balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.  MMMmmmm...  should have done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment